Embracing My Second Home – South Korea

Seoul, South KoreaMy Philippine diaries are full of unforgettable and beautiful memories but as of now, I am officially closing it, but another book full of travels, discoveries, and insights is about to open. Now, give me the chance to introduce to you my “second home”, SOUTH KOREA.  I’ve been here for quite some time already and If you’re an avid reader of this blog, you must know by now that I’m currently residing here in Korea. I’ve been traveling randomly like a nomad these past few weeks just to see the wonders and famous sight tours of this country. Not just that, I’ll be sharing some Korean recipes that my mother-in-law taught me and my personal experiences and opinions of life as an emigrant.

I’ll be posting entries in a non-chronological order as I venture and sojourn places of my so-called second home. Come and visualize the photos I took here in South Korea even without your actual presence. Together let’s sense the vibrancy of this country and take a peek with their historical anecdote and be more informed about their tradition and cultural heritage.

DSC_3125 9.01.02 PM

I’ve got so much respect to Korean elderlies. Despite their old age, they want to be productive every remaining day they have. To be honest, there were times I tried to redirect my vision away from them upon seeing how hard they labor outside instead of resting and enjoying their hard-earned money and my heart quells every time. Even with, they still fulfill their heart’s content. Through with that, it reminds me to be humble and hardworking in life and with that attitude, one must have and uphold.

DSC_6029
DSC_3280 9.01.02 PM

South Korea’s terrain is mostly mountainous, most of which is not arable. Lowlands, located primarily in the west and southeast, make up only 30% of the total land area. © Wikipedia

Most likely, this country is made off with 70% of mountains, wherein; multitudes of tunnels were constructed for building and connecting highways from different regions of their rural to urban areas. Even my husband told me that some mountains were wiped out just to pave the way for road construction and development. Considering having just a total of thirty percent land area didn’t stop them from continuous modernization. AMAZING!

DSC_4653 9.01.04 PM

Dancing to the tune of DUMB DUMB by Red Velvet

The vigorous and noisy streets of Hongdae, Seoul—where people from all walks of life horde altogether just to witness these students with some passion in dancing or in singing. You can enjoy and cheer them as they showcase their talents in the streets.

DSC_5292 9.01.04 PM
The over-looking beauty of South Korea during the night.

DSC_6343 9.01.13 PM

A country blessed with the abundance of nature from its rock formation and seas. Chromatic sceneries and seasoned flowers and so much more.

DSC_4752 9.01.04 PM

Embracing my second home is the title of this entry since a new chapter of my life has unfolded. Entering a multicultural family took a lot of adjustments and should be a never-ending effort. Some may think that living in South Korea is a dream come true and a life with a greener pasture, but I beg to disagree with that notion. You have to be away from your family, friends and your accustomed practices and accept the not-so-unfamiliar environment where everything is so different and you’re left with one option but to concede in your current state. This might also apply to those people living abroad either for work, studies and other reasons relatable with mine. It all boils down to me because it is my personal choice that I have to cope with. I won’t be able to predict what future holds, but I am certain that something brighter awaits me here. I maybe settling here for good, but my country (Philippines) still holds the first spot in my heart.

“We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
-Walt Disney-

Untitled

4 thoughts on “Embracing My Second Home – South Korea

Say Something

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s